SOCIAL EVENTS AT CORNERSTONE
WHY HAVE YOUR social EVENT AT CORNERSTONE MEETING & EVENT CENTER?
- Entire event space was freshly PAINTED, UPDATED & LANDSCAPED by new owners in 2017
- VALUE PRICING, charged by the hour to give you the most flexibility (minimum of 3 hours)
- GREAT LOCATION with easy access for your guests. Visible from I-71 at Stringtown Rd (exit 100, first exit south of 270 outer belt), it is easily accessible from all major highways.
- FREE PARKING, CLOSE TO FACILITY. Handicap spaces in front, ramps on both ends of building as well
- LARGE, CLEAN RESTROOMS with guest amenities
- Entire facility is HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE
- Plenty of NATURAL LIGHT in all rooms; Light-blocking Curtains and/or Light Filtering shades in all rooms
- Individual room THERMOSTATS that YOU can control
- ZONED LIGHTING that you control (some is dimmable)
- Plenty of ELECTRICAL OUTLETS
- FREE WIFI (upgraded in 2016)
- GREAT ACOUSTICS
- A history of AWARD WINNING CUSTOMER SERVICE. Through their previous business, Grand Oaks Event Center (also in Grove City & now occupied by the Aladdin Shrine Center), our owners were 5 consecutive annual winners of Best of the Knot AND Wedding Wire Couple’s Choice Award (2011-2015) based solely on client reviews.
- YOU PROVIDE YOUR OWN FOOD, BEVERAGES, ALCOHOL (IF APPLICABLE), LINENS & DECOR. We are one of the few places in Central Ohio that allow this, & it gives you a lot of flexibility in choices & cost.
- Awards Ceremonies
- Weddings for up to 75 people
- Rehearsal Dinners
- All Types of Social Events except Children's Parties (please see below)
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers
- Retirement Parties
- Graduation Parties
- Holiday Gatherings / Christmas Parties
FOUNDATION rOOM AND LOBBY
Our largest & most popular event space
Social rental of the FOUNDATION ROOM includes
- Tables/chairs (we will set up to your floor plan design)
- Ideal guest count is 30-70 people.
- Use of adjoining entrance Lobby, perfect for food & beverage setups or registration tables. Lobby has a full sized refrigerator/freezer for guest use if needed
- Lobby & Foundation room EACH have counter space & small bar sink
- Comfortable, roomy cushioned chairs
- Seating for up to 72 guests (reception style) with no columns to block guests’ view of the festivities
- Free wall-mounted projection screen for slideshows (you must bring your own projector & cords/cables)
- 3 wall mounted cork strips for hanging displays
- Dimmable overhead lighting
- Access to covered patio
- Approximate room dimensions 34' x 36'
- Total room square feet 1326 SF
- Ceiling Height 10.5'
- Theater seating (chairs only, in rows) capacity of 100
- Pods/Square Tables (of 8) capacity is 72. This is our most popular social setup
- Tuscan style (long rectangular) capacity is 80
- U-Shape @ tables capacity is 28
- Block O @ tables capacity is 36
- (All seating capacity listed varies with room setup)
BOARD ROOM (our MOST INTIMATE)
This room is ONLY available Saturdays 9 am - 4 pm. NOT available evenings or weekends due to other weekly events.
- Tables/chairs (we will set them to your floor plan design). Ideal guest count is 10-20 people.
- Sundays only available 1-6 pm
- Free wall mounted dry erase board (bring your own markers/eraser)
- One wall mounted cork strip to hang displays
- Adjoining Alcove with built in counter top, small guest refrigerator & microwave available; separated from the room by large sliding doors
- Standard tables included are 5' x 18" rectangular & can be configured into rectangular tables (our most popular social option)
- Approximate dimensions 21' x 26.5'
- Total Square Feet 741 SF
- Ceiling Height 9'
- Theater Seating (chairs only, in rows) capacity of 40
- Classroom Seating capacity of 24
- Pods/Squares Tables (of 4) capacity of 20
- U-Shape Tables capacity of 14
- Block O Tables capacity of 16
(All seating capacity listed varies with room setup)
Events & Parties for Children
Please note that we do not host parties or events for children or anyone under the age of 18 Except for high school graduation parties hosted by an adult.
The responsible adult for any event must be at least 21 years old (due to legalities related to alcohol).
Unfortunately, we have found that our space is not designed well for children’s events & therefore we have a standing policy that only adult events are permitted. As a service, however, we would like to recommend a couple of great alternatives:
The Big Bounce trampoline park, 1645 Gateway Circle, Grove City (just up the street from us). You can host parties for any number of guests, or even rent out the entire facility if you want! Parties include pizza, beverages, and a party host. 614-792-2582 (e) BigBounceGroveCity@gmail.com
The Cheer Center, 1761 Gateway Circle, Grove City (also down the street from us). Keep the kids active with a fun party at this renowned gymnastics facility, complete with Tumble Trak, trampoline, spring floors & plenty of mats. Special party packages available. 614-539-5970
COSI (Center of Science & Industry) 333 West Broad St., Columbus, OH 43215. Have a fun science themed party with age appropriate activities, including Liquid Nitrogen ice cream made at the party. 614-228-COSI
Kickmaster Footgolf, 1700 Dyer Road, Grove City. Perfect for families, kids and adults. Footgolf and indoor activities available along with three Birthday Packages (Platinum, Gold & Silver). Owners Bob Clanin and Deborah Guzzo: 614-736-1470 or 614-595-8659.
LVL UP Sports, 5390 Harrisburg Pike, Grove City. A paintball mega-park, with multiple playing fields & low-impact paintballs. 614-313-1382
Putt N Play, 4021 Thistlewood Dr., Grove City. Miniature golf, batting cages, soccer cages, indoor arcade. 614-594-0077.
Skate America Roller Skating, 4357 Broadway, Grove City. 614-875-3181
The Grove City YMCA, 3600 Discovery Dr, Grove City. They have all kinds of options for children’s parties, from “space only” that includes just tables/chairs, to a full party package that includes décor with balloons and an onsite party planner to help run it! You can a themed pool party, a basketball party, a climbing wall party, or several other options, and you can bring in food or have it delivered by one of the many places they recommend. To get more information, call their event planner Annette Jennings at 614-871-9622
You might also consider these ideas, although we haven’t actually visited all of them ourselves:
- a bowling party
- ice skating
- an arcade party at Dave & Busters
- the Columbus Zoo
- go-carts at Grand Prix Karting
- laser tag at Lazer Kraze
- or a Lego party
We hope this is helpful in your planning, and please keep us in mind for your other future meetings and events!